The Commission may request or Commission staff may initiate non-substantive changes in the terms of the Commission’s relationship with the institution as outlined in the Statement of Affiliation Status. Commission approval is required to change the terms of the accreditation relationship with an institution in any of the following ways:
- Change existing stipulations or other language, not related to monitoring or the next comprehensive evaluation, within the institution’s current Statement of Affiliation Status. (Commission staff may approve editing of the Statement of Affiliation Status. However, requests for substantive modification, including new language not previously in the document, must be referred to the Institutional Actions Council for action.)
- Change the date of the next comprehensive evaluation or Assurance review:
- Changes of no more than one year from the date set by the last action following an evaluation process. (Commission staff may approve the change unless the one year extension places an institution’s comprehensive evaluation beyond the ten years required by Commission policy.
- Changes of more than one year from the date set by the last action following an evaluation process or beyond the ten year maximum for comprehensive evaluations. Extensions of more than one year and extensions beyond ten years may be granted only for good cause. (Institutional Actions Council must act to approve all such changes.)
- Change the date of other visits or required reports or other Commission monitoring or interaction previously scheduled for the institution, including accepting required progress or monitoring reports or scheduling follow-up reports on the same or related topics. (Commission staff may approve the change).
- Require new monitoring be added to the Statement of Affiliation Status. (Commission staff may make a recommendation for action to the Institutional Actions Council to approve the change.)
- Remove an institution from an expedited review process for approval of new additional locations. (Commission staff may approve removal.)
Process for Initiating a Non-substantive Change in the Relationship With the Commission
The institution may file a written application seeking a change in its relationship with the Commission in any of the ways defined above. Alternatively, Commission staff may propose such a change and will provide the proposed action or recommendation in writing to the institution for comment. The institution will be provided an opportunity to respond in writing to any change in relationship with the Commission arising from its own application or at the initiative of the Commission. The Commission will consider the institution’s response prior to completing any staff action or action by the IAC.
Last Revised: June 2012
First Adopted: November 1999, June 2010
Revision History: November 1999, June 2009, June 2011, June 2012
Notes: Policies combined November 2012 – 3.1, 3.1(a)
Policy Number Key
Section INST: Institutional Policies
Chapter F: Maintenance and Monitoring
Part 20: Intermittent Monitoring